Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Boys and girls, pack your bags...

During my 21 years of life I have lived in three different countries:

When I was 5 years old, my father opened the door and said: "boys and girls, pack your bags because we are going to live to Colombia". Colombia? What was that? I really didn't know where Colombia was. After that, I took a world map and immediately started to cry. OMG, it was and other country and no one of my family lived there. It was very difficult for me to accept the new reality. However, as the time went by though I was feeling more and more comfortable, I made friends and gave my first kiss (awww) but one day, in 1997, my father said again "boys and girls, pack your bags because we return to Chile"

It was 2000 when my family decided to cross the Andes Mountains to live in Argentina. In this occasion I didn't cry, on the contrary, I jumped for joy! In that country I could find the best women around the world, one of the most important football tournament, and of course, grilled meat, chocolates and caramel sweet (I don't know the specific translation of "dulce de leche"). The problem was that I'm very shy, so I didn't met any girl (don't tell to my friends), but I played football every day and ate fabulous dishes.

In 2002 we went back to Chile and from there, we do our normal lives. My parents were tired of be traveling and be unable to enjoy with our family. I can only say, that it was a good decision.

1 comment:

  1. Diego: your blog is great, but it isn't the best blog of the class. The best blog is mine... I'm your father, man, you must respect me, you must be accountable to me, you must do everything I tell you. If you don't do it, I'll kill you, I'll hang your head on the bridge of the faculty... Do you understand!?

    CRISTOBAL_THE BEST

    ReplyDelete