Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Miners...the eternal wait

Since August 5th their family didn't have any notice about the 33 miners. Some people said that they will be die. Other, thought that only the most youngers will survive the bury...well, the 33 miners was a topic in the traditional familiary sunday lunch. Surely more of one of you had a long conversation with a brother, parents or even with a completly unknown person, like a taxi driver or the kiosk owner. There was no one who didn't have opinion in this dramatic episode.

The miracle happened the August 22th, near the noon. I remember that I was preparing the lunch with my mother when in radio cooperativa confirm the rumor that ran all the morning...the 33 miners were alive in the refuge. Independently of any politic position, that day it was one of the more incredibles that I can remember.

Ok, a lot of people hate Piñera and his despicable capacity of appear when anybody wants to see him, someone like me think that the chilean flag has a simbolic charge of death and intolerance can't understand why was in hands of innocent people...dispite of all of that negative things, that day, the day with the miners send the historic piece of paper with the sentence "estamos bien en el refugio los 33" was an historic day of our horrible country.

Historic day, like will be the day when the rescue be effective. Yesterday I saw in the midnight news that a rescue drill was in 300 meters and the other two drills was also with positive progress. I can't imagine the face of their families. One day, when I was child, I cry because my father was 5 days in Argentina...i can't think about, their sons, their wifes...oh my god.

I'm wating that day...even, i think that a tear will run down my face. Ja, i'm not a sensible guy, but specifically this news, broke my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I lost this piece of news when it appeared on tv about a month ago. I was in a trip with "La Escuelita" in the snow, so my personal experiencie that day wasn't so sorprising. One thing I did thought, right after the knew got out there, was "Oh, no, this dude really is lucky". It's almost like "god" is sending tragedies to Piraña so he can appear on tv all day long appealing to the national reunion. ¬¬.

    That's what I can say by now, Cya'

    ReplyDelete